Tuesday, July 19, 2011

July 19th

Hello! Today was very productive in the Space Weather research. We narrowed down our data points, and although we have few, there is definitely a correlation between the predicted times/speeds and the actual times/speeds. It was nice to see that on a graph because we have been working with this data for a bit now, and up until today we were constantly hitting roadblocks. We still have to find more data to confirm our theory, but at least it is a step in the right direction. So by mid-afternoon, we were back to finding more data. After finding a few more, I'm about ready to call it quits for the day. You can only look at so many pictures of CME's and electron graphs until you start to go a little crazy!

So yes, today was good! We also had a morning breakfast, which was fun! Hopefully we'll do that every week! I got here early today, but didn't clock in until 10 because I had to run over to the engineering building and help with a WE@RIT camp for my robotics team (The IgKNIGHTers). Although it obviously isn't work related, it was kinda fun to see the other cool things that are going on here at RIT. I also had to go over to Public Safety to discuss a minor parking violation with them. So I guess you can say I'm getting more and more acquainted with the campus and the people here.

Halle, SC

No comments:

Post a Comment