Tuesday, July 12, 2011

July 12th

Today was quite productive. First, Matt and I trekked all the way to the other side of campus to find Public Safety so I could get my parking pass. This took us about an hour, seeing as neither of us knew where we were going. But at least now we know! Once we returned to the lab, we returned to our research. Things went well for a while, but we hit a road block by early afternoon. Unfortunately, Dr. D. was in a meeting, so we couldn't progress much farther. I was able to find the initial velocities for over ten CME's, but I couldn't figure out how to use their total energy to figure out their velocities once they reach earth. Oh well, tomorrow's another day. There's not much else we can do, so I guess I'll find a few more velocities and then visit some other people's labs. And blog of course!

So one fun thing I've decided to do is make this a picture blog, too. A picture is worth a thousand words, right? Let's see...here's us eating at lunch


 And this is the notebook Dr. D. gave me to use. You could say I'm pretty proud of my research so far :]


Halle, SC

No comments:

Post a Comment